We Are Hiring
Optimum Movement & Performance Specialist Intern
Optimum Movement & Performance Specialist Intern will gain first- hand experience by assisting members in safe and effective exercise programs and perform a wide range of duties in a health/fitness facility under the supervision of the owner. The program provides students with a well rounded experience in all aspects of business, health & fitness in a professional setting.
As a Optimum Movement & Performance Specialist Intern, you will have the opportunity to do the following:
• Assist in educating members concerning safe exercise techniques
• Assist in conducting safe and effective assessments including cardiovascular, strength, flexibility, and body composition analysis; evaluate and interpret data and identify high risk participants and special populations
• Aid members –spotting and equipment usage
• Assist in the maintenance, cleanliness and safety of all equipment
• Adhere to departmental and club policies and procedures
• Adhere to client’s policies and procedures
• Assist in wellness and fitness promotions and external events
• Perform daily administrative duties under the supervision of the owner or fitness specialist
• Assist in memberships: monthly, internships: signing members up, sending out reminders of payment
• Helping clients/members with fitness related questions.
• Performing tours of the facility Personal Training shadowing and writing out mock PT sessions
• Assisting with monthly newsletter, and articles
If you are an enthusiastic, motivated student who is passionate about fitness and wellness, we look forward to hearing from you.
This internship is UNPAID and requires proof of current enrollment in an internship program for relevant course credit.
• Matriculating junior or senior in exercise science, kinesiology, physical education or a related field
• GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Completed coursework in anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, and basic exercise testing and prescription Preferred Qualifications
• Previous exercise testing experience preferred
• CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (Students who are not currently certified may seek certification during the application process)
• Good verbal and written communication skill
• Ability to multi-task
• Must be able to be around dogs
This is an unpaid internship and does not provide wages. However, at the completion of the program Optimum Movement & Performance sponsors an NSCA exam for the candidate. The program has to be completed in full. The exam fees are paid by Optimum Movement & Performance.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org